Many voluntary and community groups decide to become members of an umbrella body. These organisations offer advice on things like funding as well as providing advocacy, consultancy and training services to their clients.
An umbrella body is an association of related or industry specific institutions who work together to coordinate activities or pool resources.
Umbrella bodies provide a variety of services including information sharing, resources, consultancy, training and advice.
Joining an umbrella body can offer groups;
- the ability to carry out activities which could not be accomplished alone, due to economies of scale
- a better pool of experts and experience
- shared apprenticeship and exchange of know-how
- a sense of community and support through shared activities
- an increased brand/public awareness
- a sense of identity.
To view our tailored list of umbrella bodies please follow the next step.